Guardiola: 'The circumstances don’t matter, he competes against himself. We only try to provide the conditions so that he can receive the ball as many times as possible where he feels comfortable on the pitch. It’s not easy to score five goals in a game. We are very fortunate to have a player like this, we can only enjoy him and this team'
- I've honestly never seen anything like it. What Messi can do on the pitch is closer to magic than sport. His skills are second to none in world football. Leo's grateness is such that I find it hard to express my admiration for him in words: The best thing for me to do is referring to the breath-taking football explosion in this video. Pictures speak louder than words, especially when language doesn't seem enough to make reality justice.
As regular Barcablog readers know, I have been asking Guardiola to rest Messi for a while now. I think we all saw what happened when Leo is given a bit of time to relax: He came back stronger, hungrier and sharper than ever. I hope to see more of the same, Pep - By the way, what else do your players need to show for you to sign the stupid contract??!??
La Pulga's legendary performance against Bayer will spark the never-ending debate of 'Is Leo the best player in history?' - in short: YES, he is. I have only seen videos of Pele and Maradona and I understand the game has changed since THEN but I couldn't care less.
Big-headed Pele would say; 'Call me when he wins 3 World Cups and scores over 1000 goals' - at the rate La Pulga is growing in importance not only with Barca, but also when on duty in Argentina, all Leo needs to surpass the not-so-humble Brazilian is a decent group of players around him. Last time I checked, football is a TEAM sport and, no matter how good one player is, trophies are won because of a great GROUP and coach, not individually.
The Argentinian Little Giant has scored more hat-tricks than I am capable of recalling and is the first player ever to score FIVE goals in a single Champions League match. He has scored 228 goals and assisted 93 times in just 311 matches as a Blaugrana. With Argentina, it's 22 goals and 20 assists in 67 matches.
I wouldn't normally do this, but have a look at the 'Honours' list below, via Wikipedia:
- La Liga (5): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11
- Copa del Rey (1): 2008–09; Runner-up 2010–11
- Supercopa de España (5): 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011
- UEFA Champions League (3): 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11
- UEFA Super Cup (2): 2009, 2011; Runner-up 2006
- FIFA Club World Cup (2): 2009, 2011
Plus, he's still a humble, caring, always professional 24-year-old kid who enjoys football.
A true gift to football - The indisputable King Of Football.
LEO MESSI: THE SUPERHUMAN TINY GENIUS!!!!!
WHAT ELSE COULD YOU SAY ABOUT LEO MESSI? Please leave a comment BELOW...
Comments are my number one indicator as to which posts people enjoyed the most, so your feedback really does help me. If you have any questions, feel free to ask those as well. Força Barça!!!