Barcelona travel to the Santiago Bernabeu to face Real Madrid in the biggest game in world football: El Clasico! Currently trailing Los Blancos by three points in the La Liga table, Luis Enrique's men have no option but to take the three points back to Catalunya if they are to conquer the league again this season.
In the absence of the banned Neymar, Barca will trust Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez to lead their attack once again. If the team's midfield can take control of the game with their traditional commanding passing and their back-line manages to avoid any unnecessary slip-ups, there is reason to believe in a Blaugrana victory in El Clasico.
There's no two ways about it: You would be crazy miss a second of the action as watching El Clasico is now easier than ever -- even on the go! Whether you live in or outside the USA, you can easily stream every Barca match to your desktop computer, mobile device or even your TV. US ONLY: JOIN FUBOTV FuboTV is a live streaming channe…
Barcelona host Juventus in the Champions League on Wednesday (2:30 PM ET, EXCLUSIVE ONLINE STREAMING here). The Catalans, who fully deserved the 3-0 defeat in the first leg, will have to once again fight for a miraculous comeback in front of their home fans.
Luis Enrique's men must try their utmost to pile up the pressure from the initial whistle and score an early goal if they are going to have any chance of qualifying for the semifinals. Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and the rest of the Barcelona stars must ensure they use the whole width of the pitch and constant ball movement in order to open up spaces within the Juventus back-line.
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta seemed to be up for the challenge during his pre-match press conference: "We have the potential and the players to turn it around. We have to play a perfect game. We have to create the maximum number of chances and score goals. I have no doubt there will be a great atmosphere tomorrow—the fans will be behind us. A…
Neymar's decision to applaud the referee after being sent off during Barcelona's defeat in Malaga on Sunday was not very clever. His childish reaction after being shown a controversial red card gave the Spanish officials a golden opportunity to ban him for the Catalans' next three matches -- including the upcoming Clasico against Real Madrid.
As it was to be expected, the Barcelona board have wasted no time in starting the process to appeal Neymar's disproportionate ban. It is believed the Camp Nou giants will until Friday 21st April, two days before El Clasico, to file their appeal at the TAD Committee. That way, it is more than likely that the officials will run out of time to make a decision and be forced to postpone the case a further week -- meaning that Neymar would be able to suit up against Real Madrid after all.
Sure, Neymar's behaviour was out of order. Having said that, it is hardly surprising that the Spanish officials banned him for just enough matche…
Neymar has been excellent for Barcelona since he joined the Catalan giants back in the summer of 2013. Despite the many question marks over whether he would accept to share the spotlight with Lionel Messi, his professionalism off the pitch and even the legality of his transfer, the Brazilian youngster has made a remarkable impact and deservedly become a Camp Nou favourite.
As our partners as Sbobet Mobile know, Barcelona are not currently leading the La Liga table but nobody in their right mind would rule them out of retaining the title. If the Blaugranas are to leapfrog Real Madrid before the end of the season and win the league for the third consecutive season, Neymar has a huge role to play in the nine games remaining.
Fortunately for Cules, Neymar is currently playing the best football of his whole career. Fully established at both club and international level, the No.11's confidence and excellent form makes him a constant danger that rivals constantly struggle to contain -- …
Barcelona have now played a staggering 1,500 games of football at the Camp Nou. The stadium, which was built back in 1957 to replace the legendary Les Corts Stadium due to the demand for tickets exceeding the ground’s capacity, has witnessed 1,119 Barca wins, 238 draws and only 143 defeats over the years.
Barca are clearly not invincible at the Camp Nou but their winning records of 75% and being unbeaten in 90% of home games speaks for themselves.
Barcelona have now become a global phenomenon thanks to not only their dominance, but also the many world-class stars that have been part of their squad over the years. Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar take the vast majority of the spotlight these days, but their success can only be understood as a continuation of the work of legends such as Johan Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Hristo Stoichkov or Lazlo Kubala over the years.
Camp Nou is a synonym of sporting excellence these days. The recent successes under the leadership of Luis Enrique…
If this is your first visit to our blog, I recommend that you take a look at our Charity Mission Statement to know more about our community and all that our website has to offer.
An Introduction to Barcablog
Hi! I am Francesc Tomàs -- the person behind Barcablog.com -- and your first point of contact for all media related enquiries. Let me give you an overview of the website and some of the advertisement options available for your business.
Barcablog.com was started in June 2010 as a hobby and in a few short years, it has become one of the most popular FC Barcelona blogs in the world, reaching a social media audience of 710,000+ followers and receiving positive feedback from many media outlets around the globe.
Sergi Roberto’s last gasp winner against Paris Saint Germain became an instantly legendary moment that Barcelona fans will cherish forever. Although the Camp Nou faithful are aware that qualifying for the Champions League quarterfinals is not a huge achievement in itself, the players’ determination to complete the biggest ever comeback in the biggest club competition in world football was impressive.
While it came down to Sergi Roberto to seal the historic win, the La Masia graduate was certainly not the only player to excel in Barcelona’s most important game of the season.
Neymar was, without a shadow of a doubt, the leader who took the Catalan giants to victory. His premonitory ‘1% chance, 99% faith’ tweet before the ball started rolling at the Camp Nou could not have been more fitting for the excellent performance that followed.
The Brazilian star proved a constant nightmare that the astounded Parisian back-line simply had no answer for. His astute positioning, magical dribbling a…
Barcelona, lead by their legendary attacking trident of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar, are on a mission to bring more trophies to the Camp Nou museum this season -- and you should not miss a second of the action!
Whether you live in or outside the USA, you can easily stream every Barca match to your desktop computer, mobile device or even your TV. US ONLY: JOIN FUBOTV FuboTV is a live streaming channel that offers every Barcelona match as well as the whole of La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A and Premiera Liga for only $6.99 a month.
Barcelona will host Paris Saint Germain on Wednesday 8th March in the return leg of the Champions League round of 16. Given the horrendous 4-0 defeat at the Parc Des Princes in the first leg, the Blaugranas are in need of a miracle to overcome the deficit.
Lionel Messi, Neymar, Luis Suarez and the rest of the Barca stars underperformed so alarmingly against the French champions that even thinking about qualification for the quarterfinals seems more like science fiction than a realistic possibility.
Having said that, if there is a group of players who can achieve such a feat, that is Barcelona. If Luis Enrique's men score early enough in the first half and their attacking trident is inspired from the moment the ball starts rolling, nobody could rule out a thrashing of the Parisians at the Camp Nou -- The ideal comeback to silence their ferocious critics.
There's no two ways about it: Barca have not had a good season in terms of results and quality of football. That being said…